Advertisement

Best Weapons for Wilderness Survival | Camping Hiking | Tactical Rifleman

Best Weapons for Wilderness Survival | Camping Hiking | Tactical Rifleman This is Randall Rawhide Wurst,
I thought I’d give you a brief back ground on me so when you watch the videos of me, you’ll know I’m not just some "Yahoo off the street." I was raised on a horse & hay ranch. My family has been big game outfitting since 1921. My Grandfather's tribe put its young boys through an 8 day & 9 nights survival challenge, to signify transitioning from a child to manhood. My younger brother and I had to experience this form of torture. Right out of high school Jimmy Bro and I became firemen. I went to Northern Arizona University and got BS degree in Law Enforcement. All the male members of my family were Cops. After college I bought a one-way ticket to Europe and worked my way around the world for a year. I came home to Wyoming and became a Deputy Sherriff. At age 30 I came into the military, first as a Ranger, then as a Green Beret. I basically was back and forth in combat zones conducting SF missions since the first Gulf War for 20 years. While in the military I was sent to survival schools all over the world, I grew up in survival wilderness world, so it made sense for the military to take advantage of my survival knowledge I grew up using and sending me to the different survival schools. I wrote 10 classified manuals for Special Force for a three-year period. I came back home to 5th Special Forces at Fort Campbell and worked in the Force Modernization & Integration Office for three years, and then I retired in 2012. I linked up with Rockcastle Shooting Center and started my two schools at Rockcastle; “The Wurst Case Scenario Survival School”, & the ROCHEADS, “The Rockcastle Hostile Environment Defense School”. I served with Karl Erickson as a Brother Warrior at 5th Special Forces Group. There are no better Warriors on this planet then those Warriors from 5th Special Forces Group, you may not like it, but it’s a fact!!
Now there is a quick down and dirty version of my life and career.
There are numerous types of weapons a person can pick to outfit them selves for survival or just out and about in the woods. I chose the ones in the video because there are the most reliable and dependable in a wilderness situation. Calibers & choice of weapons will vary depending on three things: One, how familiar/experienced you are with the weapon you choose; Two, weight verses amount of ammunition you want to carry; Three, the environment you are going in to, the caliber and weapon must be able to do the job you will need it for in that environment. Everyone has their opinions, they're like elbows, everyone has a couple of them! I have had challenges to my life since I was 5 years old, I’m now 66 years old. I’ve earned a boat load of T-Shirts in the near-death survival mode from Mother Nature and in Combat!
Here is my philosophy of life: Always be prepared for a potential survive or life threating situation at all times; weather it is an accident, or a wild anima,l or even another human.
In the Austrian/Italian Alps, they found a 5,000 year of human frozen in the ice. Why do I bring this up? Well it’s pretty simple... If this 5,000-year-old guy carried, at all times, the tools he needed to survive on his person, in his environment way back then... then no one in this day and age has any excuse to be unprepared to survive a life threating situation from nature or man. Our commanders, when we would brief them on a mission we just completed, would not allow any excuses. I’m no different. I don’t want to listen to excuses; just “Cowboy the Hell Up” and stay prepared!
Strength & Honor
Randall Rawhide Wurst
Help support Tactical Rifleman by becoming a patron on Patreon
or
by purchasing one of our T-shirts, check them out at:

Want the same gear as Karl check out the NEW Amazon shop


For more go to
Follow us on Facebook:
Instagram:
Twitter-

Tactical,rifleman,NRA,military,training,skills,gun,survival,prepper,how,to,special,forces,sniper,karl,erickson,techniques,conceal,carry,2nd,amendment,wilderness,weapon,outdoor,arrow,pistol,carbine,rifle,animal,bear,game,prepared,elements,attack,

Post a Comment

0 Comments