Advertisement

Quick passive component repair

Quick passive component repair As the title suggests, this was a quick "proper" repair of a passive component (likely an inductor or resistor). The board was sent to me and a bunch of people I know asked for a video of the repair. So here it is in all its boringness! The board was tested and functional both when I received it, after I finished the repair and when it got back into its owners hands.

The basic repair was simple: re-solder a component "properly" back onto an ITX motherboard. The difficultly lay in the amount of space to work in, which was basically nothing on one side of the component. After finishing shooting this repair, I actually went back and re-did the repair off camera, same techniques, just a cleaner result.

electronics,repair,soldering,smd,

Post a Comment

0 Comments