Advertisement

Commercial Helicopter Training, working on SOLO NIGHT hour requirements!

Commercial Helicopter Training, working on SOLO NIGHT hour requirements! After flying truly cross country (Florida to California, stay tuned for video!), I've checked off a lot of requirements for Instrument and Commercial ratings, and working to finish off some others while starting to ramp up on official training. This flight wasn't my favorite, in hindsight there was too much going on. It was my first R22 flight in over 3 weeks, I was solo, it was night, and I was doing XC to an airport in a rural area. It was never unsafe, but it was a learning lesson in minimizing the set of challenges for any flight. New rules to myself are to preview any night route beforehand during the day, as well as stay over cities so I get more consistent ground illumination. On the other hand, I was able to bang out 10 night takeoffs and landings, just 2.5 more night VFR for CPL requirement.

GPS:
Date: 9/17/2019
Time: 1945
Flight time (cumulative): 1.5 (112.8) hours
Helicopter: Robinson R22 Beta II N290SH
Airports: HWD - C83 - HWD
Maneuvers: Solo, night cross-country, NorCal VFR flight following, patterns
Cameras:
- Top-rear: (4k / 30 fps) GoPro Hero 7 black
- Top-front: (4k / 60 fps) GoPro Hero 7 black
- Front: (1080p / 30 fps) GoPro Hero+

requirements!

Post a Comment

0 Comments