Advertisement

More Modern Poetry (I Didn't Like) | Ladan Osman: Exiles of Eden

More Modern Poetry (I Didn't Like) | Ladan Osman: Exiles of Eden Follow me on Goodreads:

Well, this didn't quite work out as planned. I thought I would absolutely adore Exiles of Eden but overall felt rather lukewarm about it. In 2019, I wanted to check out more poetry written by African authors. When researching what might interest me, I stumbled upon the work of Ladan Osman. In 2014, she was awarded the annual Sillerman First Book Prize for her collection The Kitchen Dweller's Testimony. Her newest collection was just released this may and has gotten raving reviews from Danez Smith and Safia Elhillo. Two of my absolute favorite poets.

modern poetry,Ladan Osman,Exiles of Eden,poetry,poems,book review,african writers,black writers,

Post a Comment

0 Comments