Advertisement

The Lovely Find - Metal Detecting Under Time Pressure

The Lovely Find - Metal Detecting Under Time Pressure In this episode I'm detecting a relatively small area unter time pressure. I came, saw and took my metal detector out of the bag as soon as the first opportunity arrived. I decided to look to my right first and found a fragment of a buckle lying on the surface of a steep slope.
I had to get up there to check the place where it came from. The spot was full of (probably modern) iron (like nails).

I found a lead seal in between, but something told me that this was the "wrong" spot. I had only 1 hour and 30 minutes time that day, therefore I was forced to rush.

The decision to change directions proved right. When I went up the other slope, a small signal appeared. An older looking piece of lead came out on the surface. The signal a few meters above turned out to be much better. A lovely buckle, tiny and totally unexpected. From that moment on I knew the area had potential.

I found other items too, mostly buttons and musket balls. I had the feeling that this was the overlooked rest, left behind by other detectorists. With missing puzzles, it was difficult to paint the whole picture and tell the real extent of activities from the past. The time limit didn't help either.

It was a short, but interesting trip to a new area.

Thank you very much for watching.

More #MetalDetecting adventures:

Metal Detecting,Lovely Find,Tiny Buckle,Beautiful Find,Medieval Period,History,Relic,Valley,Forest,Creek,Time Pressure,Steep Slopes,Wonderful Nature,Friendly Bumbleee,Birds,Metal Detecting In The Woods,Xp Deus,My Deus Setting,Asmr,yt:cc=on,

Post a Comment

0 Comments