Advertisement

Off the Cuff - I Am Taking a Break (Sort Of)

Off the Cuff - I Am Taking a Break (Sort Of) I have an important announcement to make about the channel and let me start by saying that I am not quitting YouTube, I am not dying, and I have not been made to stop making videos by some outside force. This video was taken “off the cuff,” which means that it was not prepared with a script or spoken to one.

Most of my videos thus far have been about one specific purpose or lesson for you, the subscriber / viewer, who was or is a student, and is enjoying the educational content. Up until this point, I have received a tremendous amount of support from all of the people that I meet with every day, my family and friends, and newcomers from other platforms that seem to enjoy the content. If anything, I should be spending my time capitalizing on this momentum and pushing forward into “YouTube” fame, as the students like to call it. What I have found is actually the opposite, however, and it has put me in the place that I currently am as discussed in the video.

I have been uploading videos weekly for the last several months, of which I sometimes release multiple videos per week and pump out content. For the type of content that I create, I am not sure that this is something feasible for me to do so regularly. I have found that I am losing a lot of my time, and my goal over the next little while is to time manage, self-reflect, and re-claim some fun in my life. Don’t get me wrong; I have fun making YouTube videos. Being a part of this community is a blast. However, with two-three jobs going on at the same time, in addition to the long hours that go into making the videos, it can take away any of the free time that I would have otherwise had for myself.

One of your strongest priorities in life should always be your health, whether it is your physical or mental health. Just as you all have your studies, I have separate careers, a social life, and time for myself to consider. At the present time, I want to think about re-arranging and making my schedule more efficient so that I may continue to do all of the things I dearly enjoy.

I need to reiterate that I am not quitting YouTube or the video creation process. I am simply taking a step back from the week to week uploads and am trying my best to re-capture my own time so that I may be the best educator for all of the students that I see both in-person and online. Videos will not stop, but you may find that the frequency with which they are released is longer. It could be a week, a few weeks, or even a month before the next video is released, but I want to come back stronger and better motivated to continue on this mission. Sometimes, even your teacher needs a break, and taking care of my own mental health is a priority as well.

Leave me a comment below regarding your thoughts about this. I’d love to hear from you. There is also talk about potentially starting up a gaming-oriented channel, but I may wait a bit more time while I think about that sort of thing for the future. Thank you for all of the support that you have given me thus far. I hope to continue making regular videos soon!

---

Follow my other social media profiles:

TikTok:
Instagram:

---

Who are you?

I am a certified teacher in the province of Ontario looking to make some form of positive impact or difference in student lives. I deeply care about the success of my students and truly wish for them to make the most of their educational careers. Students are expected to be huge people when they have just barely started their lives. Let's fight that.

On my channel, you can look forward to more video content related to my experiences as a teacher, my advice for past, current, or future students, and commentary or reactionary-style videos, which may have gaming backdrops, about time management, productivity, or advice for teenagers. While my advice is not perfect, I do have confidence that the things I am saying are not totally removed from reality and have some weight.

(Sort

Post a Comment

0 Comments